Here is information on the Hudson Valley Writers Guild Annual Writing Contest from www.hvwg.org (Thank you Dan Wilcox for sending us the info)
HUDSON VALLEY WRITERS GUILD ANNUAL WRITING CONTEST
Poetry Contest, 2009
1st Place: $150
2nd Place: $75
3rd Place: $50
Deadline: August 31, 2009
The Hudson Valley Writers Guild is pleased to announce its first annual multi-genre Writing Contest, which will annually alternate among the genres of poetry, fiction, and non-fiction. This year’s contest is in poetry. Winners and Honorable Mentions will be invited to read their poems during the Community of Writers Program in the fall of 2009.
All contestants must be residents of New York State. Current members of the Hudson Valley Writers Guild Board of Directors and their families are not eligible. Entries must be postmarked between May 1 and August 31, 2009.
- Theme: No style or topic requirements, but all submissions must be unpublished
- Submissions must be typed (No email submissions)
- 50-Line Limit
- Anonymous Entries: Do not write your name anywhere on the poems
- Submit 3 copies of 3-5 poems (3 completes sets)
- Entry fee: $10.00 for members of the HVWG and $15.00 for non-members
Send cover letter with:
- Your name
- Email address
- Poem titles
- Check for entry fee made out to "HVWG"
- SASE (optional)
Mail submissions to:
The Hudson Valley Writers Guild
c/o Mimi Moriarty
Clarksville, NY 12041
Note: Submissions will not be returned, but if you would like hardcopy results of the contest, please send a SASE. All entrants will be notified of winners by email and/or SASE. Results will also be posted on our website. For more info, please email Mimi Moriarty.