When someone (a Board Member or Guild Grantee) proposes organizing a Guild-sponsored event, a request for approval should be submitted to the Board as soon as possible, but no later than one month before the event. The following information should be submitted in the request for Board approval:
- Name, date, time and venue of the event.
- Names of speakers/panelists/workshop leader.
- Amount of funding needed, with a summary of how the funds will be spent.
- Who is the expected target audience (participants) of the event?
- How will the event be advertised?
- List documents expected to be in the Meeting Handout; confirm willingness to include the Guild’s Membership Form in the Handout, or if no handouts that the Membership Form will be available.
- Confirm willingness to use an Event Sign-Up list, if appropriate.
- Confirm willingness to submit a brief “after-event” report to the Board summarizing results of the Event, e.g., how many people attended.