The HVWG writing contest alternates genres annually. This year’s contest is non fiction, memoir, humor. Winners will be awarded cash prizes and invited to read their winning piece at a special meeting in April.
Eligibility: All contestants must be residents of New York State. Current members of the HVWG Board and their families are not eligible. Judges this year are: Therese Broderick, Frank Robinson and TBA
- Entries must be postmarked between January 5 and March 5, 2018.
- Identification/contact information MUST NOT appear anywhere on the submission. Cover letter should include the following: Name, address, phone number, e-mail address, title of submission and word count.
- Word count must not exceed 5000 words. Any submissions that exceed this number will not be considered. Submit 4 copies through the mail, and an SASE if you would like a hard copy of results. Submissions will not be returned. All entrants will be notified of winners by e-mail or SASE. Results will also be posted on our website at: http://hvwg.org.
- All submissions must be typed, double-spaced, 12-pt. standard font such as Cambria, Calibri or Times New Roman. Submissions must be previously unpublished.
For more information please contact Faith Green at email@example.com. Mail submissions with entry fee to: HVWG Fiction Contest, c/o Faith Green, 25B Patterson Drive, Glenmont, NY. 12077.
Entry fee: $15. for non-members of HVWG, $10. for members. Make checks payable to HVWG and include with submission.
- 1st prize: $100.
- 2nd prize: $75.
- 3rd prize: $50.
- 3 Honorable mentions: $20. ea.